Sunday, February 26, 2017

Theta RP log February 15th

Sky Phillips carefully opens the big door. He seems to be cradling something small in the palm of one hand and covering it gently with the other.

Doctor Song  sits at the piano, It's  A slow day  and she just some how finds playing an old tune relaxing

Gabrielle Rousseau was walking towards the cafe and spotted Sky.  Hurrying. she enters the door before it closes and looks at his hands with an upturned brow.

Sky Phillips hears the music and walks in a bit further to see who's behind the piano. He calls out "Hello!" to Rose and then turns and sees Gabby with a look of delight "I made a friend.....a ladybug friend Gabs." He opens his hands so she can see the small creature crawling around.

Doctor Song Hears the sound of people and walks over to the counter to help out with any orders.

Gabrielle Rousseau hears the music and as she looks into Sky's hands tries to identify the tune.  "Well hello, Gabs."  she says to the ladybug, a finger hovering near but not on it..  The music stops and she sighs looking around.  "She's pretty."

 Sky Phillips laughs "I was talking to YOU....but I could name her Gabs." He leans in and kisses Gabby on the cheek "Want a coffee? I'm getting one.....I need to figure out where to put the bug while I fix it up." He starts walking towards the counter, looking at the resources for bug housing purposes "Rose you don't have a small box do you? Hi...by the way..."

 Doctor Song "Hi Sky, Hi Gabby ,  let me take a look  I think I got a small Cup cake box will that work and hmm   a bit of paper towel with some honey on it for your little friend too ."

Gabrielle Rousseau chuckles.  "You could if she sticks around like I do."  she teases.  "Buy me one and I can ladybug-sit for you?" she watches.  "I have some mayonnaise nearly finished at home if you want to give her a permanent home later."

Sky Phillips smiles at Rose "Yes to both and two coffees please." He looks at Gabby "You can set Gabs up while I fix up our brew. How long do that live? Maybe she'll lay a thousand eggs. We could set up a colony of them in the garden....."

Doctor Song "She would really love it If she had a home near some roses Ladybirds love to eat the Aphids off them , When I was little my Mor Mor used to pay me a Krone a Ladybird so she could let them keep her Roses nice."

Gabrielle Rousseau nods and holds her hand out.  "Give her here ... and how do you know its a girl?  Could as well be a boy!"  she protests.

Sky Phillips takes the box and things and settles the ladybug in and passes it to Gabby "Then we should find some more so they breed. Roses....hmm....maybe we'll plant some. I was reading a lovely story on the CBC about a red panda finding a mate......funny things red pandas, aren't they? Gentle creatures...." At this moment he is in fact not stoned, but just naturally odd. He takes out his wallet and counts out cash for two coffees, mostly in change "Mor Mor. Is that mother in was it Sweden?"

 Doctor Song " Beste Mor is for sweden Mor Mor is Norwegian for Mothers mother Or grandma,  sorry If I confused you with that It's just what I always called her . she sighs " I miss her she was a sweet old woman."

Gabrielle Rousseau considers as she takes the box..  "That would mean letting the poor thing out in the world alone."  she giggles.  "Oh Sky.  Have you talked to Phoenix Fire lately?"  she wonders, a twinkle in her eyes.  Then she gasps.  "Oh!  Lets grow the roses in pots!  I'm so .... transient.  I'd hate if I had to leave them!  In pots we can take them anyplace with us!"

Sky Phillips has a look of dawning "That's right, Norway. the saunas ans fjords. She's still with you though." He smiles sweetly and takes the coffees, adding some cream and sugar as he replies to Gabby "I need to reach out to Phoenix soon." He gives a long slow blink "I wonder if he has any roses. We could ask for a cutting. I know ladybugs like basil too."

Doctor Song  "You could let her choose and Grow an entire potted garden , and I have some Bonsai roses I need to start this spring From seeds as well as some trippy Rainbow roses, and my herb gardens."
Gabrielle Rousseau smiles.  "Phoenix loves plants.  I know he grows his own herbs.  I'll talk to him about it.  I want a little potted kitchen garden like his."  she sighs a little and looks at their little cake box and new pet. "And I have a new job.  Just found out this morning.  So we'll have money for all kinds of things."  she squees a little bit.  "And I'm lining up summer work as well."  she sighs in relief.

Sky Phillips smiles at Rose as he stirs and then beams at Gabby "Great! What's the work then?"

Doctor Song  "You two Know about the new herb shop next door  she may have some seeds ." she suggests, "  a lot of new Businesses coming in I guess things are coming back around here ".

Gabrielle Rousseau grins.  "Well .. immediately I've been hired to oversee a big old house on Alexandra Island but over the summer I'll be working on the Alexandra Academy and the Cedar Point School.  Both need work and we need money." she looks at him.  "And you already know who my painter will be ....."  she teases.  "We can visit with Phoenix for food .... ladybug parenting advice and of course ... fun ..."  she nods. "I'll check that out.  I need seeds, dirt and containers.  We never know where we'll be or for how long.  As long as its mobile I'm happy."

Sky Phillips perks up at the words herb shop and nods at Rose "We'll have to give it a look." As he listens to Gabby his face breaks into a big grin "Yes to all of those." He thinks "I'm supposed to repair a downspout and rain barrel connection for someone today.....we might need to take the coffee to go...."

Doctor Song Grabs two Extra Large to go cups  and pours enough coffee to top off their existing cups.  " Free Refills if you Come back with the cups or bring in your own."  cause I like you two. " she says with a genuine smile.

Gabrielle Rousseau takes her cup n one hand and keeps the box in the other.  "Good to see you again Rose."  she turns for the departure.

Sky Phillips floats out after Gabby with the coffee calling back to Rose "Thank you. We like you too. Stay wonderful and ubiquitous! Farewell dear lady. Farewell."

 Doctor Song waves  and Thinks about Ladybirds and her Mor Mor

No comments:

Post a Comment